10.16.2011

20 Mile Night Run!

After a 4 and a half hour drive from Rhinebeck to Burlington, I found myself with only one choice. It was Sunday and I needed to get 20 miles in. The sun was setting and I set out past dusk with a headlamp lighting the way, running the ever familiar Burlington bike path until I got downtown. Ran up a steep little hill, into the North End, then, Winooski... at this point I realized Winooski isn't quite as far as it seems on foot. It started raining softly and I ran through downtown Burlington, up Shelburne road, down Home ave, down Pine Street, zig zagging my way up to Pearl Street then back out to Winooski! Still had about 7 miles to check off at this point. Ran back through town, up Shelburne and down Home ave, looping my last, slow mile. 


The Garmin watch has been a key tool in my training as I track mileage and pace stats, and stay motivated. My music situation was interesting. Ran with an iPod I need to update and went with shuffle. A lot of skipped songs & many I haven't heard in a long time. Hidden treasure of the run was Missy Elliott "Slide".


By the last 2 miles of the run I felt mentally strong and like a different breed of human, a running ninja of the night!

2 comments:

tbot said...

Nice work Susie, you got this no problem! My wife just got the 405cx Garmn and she loves it!

Susie Floros said...

Thanks so much Tim! That watch is all-time! Pun intended ;) haha