10.15.2011

Rhinebeck Run. 5 Miles

Ran 5 miles through the landscape of my youth. Fall was at it's peak. Happy with how fast I ran.  Fastest pace per mile yet! 

Came down to Rhinebeck for the weekend to visit my parents who hit the road after spending the summer in Maine. Almost 2 years ago now my parents retired, sold their house and hit the road in their truck, towing behind a Montana 5th wheel that would soon become their home on wheels. They drove across country the 1st summer, visiting family and seeing parts of the US they had always wanted to see. They ended up in Gulf Shores Alabama for the winter, where I had my 1st Bama Christmas, and where they are returning this winter.

I admire that my parents are enjoying retirement and living a life outside of the box... and that they get along so well living in a rectangle! 44 years of marriage and "living the dream.... their dream."


The greatest 2 people I ever met! Biggest supporters in life. No matter what path I've taken, they always encouraged me to follow my dreams. Love you mom & dad!

Sophie in her festive Fall scarf!



No comments: