10.19.2011

Hamster on the Wheel

Somehow have gotten into the habit of night running. Darkness starting way too early for my liking, light almost gone by the time I leave work. Lately with the rain, the gym has been more appealing than running outside. And so I run. Like a hamster on a wheel, but with music in my ears and an eye on the pace. I always turn the TV screen off. Can't fathom watching television so close to my face while in motion. Instead, I zone out & sweat out the day. The gym is usually quiet that time of night. When time allows, the infrared sauna is a nice way to unwind and call it a night. Only downfall is being energized this late at night when I should be sleeping. Goal for next week: run in the morning. Need to try that more consistently before NYC Marathon time.

Checked off 5 miles last night, 6 tonight. 5th training day in a row. Will have completed a 42 mile running week by the time tomorrow is through.

No comments: